“A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes” — Hugh Downs
According to Psychology Today, “Changing the stress mindset not only minimizes the effects of stress, studies show, it enhances performance and productivity.”
Positive attitude minded people are generally happy and successful. Why? A positive attitude mind can easily cope up with daily affairs, obstacles of life. This attitude help you to this in optimistic way, and it makes easier to avoid worries. If anyone can adopt with this attitude, it helps to carry constructive changes in life and makes happy and successful.
Differences between positive attitude and negative attitude driven people:
- The person having positive attitude thinks “I CAN”, where negative attitude driven people thinks “I CAN’T”.
- Positive attitude minded people don’t dwell or remain focused only on problems, rather finds and concentrates on possible solutions; they see possibilities. In contrary, negative attitude driven people sting to problems, remains with problems; they see limitations.
- Positive attitude minded people focuses what he / she has, where negative attitude driven people focuses what he / she does not have.
- Even positive attitude minded people are successful in relationship and family life, because they finds good in others, where negative attitude driven people searches fault with others.
Benefits of positive thinking
- It leads to live a happy and healthy life: Negative attitude minded people face the high level of stress in day to day life. The people with high level stress gets physical and psychological illness for example, weight loss, depression, anxiety, sleep disorder and more. But on the other side, positive thinkers are not stressed and they don’t suffer from these physical and psychological problems. Thus, positive thinkers lead happy and healthy life.
- It helps to make good decision: Negative thinkers are stressed, so it reduces the power of thinking of people. In such scenario, you are always in hurry to make decision. On the contrary, mind of positive people far different of negative people. It’s quite easy to take time to think and make decision by positive minded people.
- It increases self estimation and confidence: Positive minded people are confident and they can easily cope up with daily affairs, obstacles of life. They win the half battle as they are confident in their abilities. Positive thinking increases self estimation as you will start believing on your skills and expertise, not how bad the situation is.
- It leads to success: The positive thinking encourages you to discover your expertise, your skillset. It gives you patience, to become hopeful in the darkest situation. It gives you the power to cope up obstacles of life. These qualities are super essential to achieve success.
How to stay with positive attitude?
- Surround yourself with positive attitude minded people: Hans F. Hanson said “people inspire you or they drain you, pick them wisely.” Surrounding yourself with positive attitude minded people is a great way to learn positive attitude which ultimately leads to your success.
- Compliment others every day or whenever possible: People feels better and loves while they hear compliment about them. Due to shy or conservative mind we often forget to compliment others whether they make something pretty good. From today start to make genuine compliments to others and you will be surprised how much joy and happiness it brings them. Even while you compliments others, you also feel good. Because, while you start complimenting and smiling to others, it starts to release happy endorphins into your blood streams which makes you to feel good.
- Figure out what makes you negative: While you feel negative or appears a lots of negative thinking, then seat, list out the reasons and facts those make you negative. After making the list, then take action for every fact or reason. For example, some of your friends or colleagues makes you negative, then start to avoid them.
- Avoid negative minded people: Avoid negative attitude minded people. Negative people affects your thinking by their negative mind. If you hung out with negative people, listen to them every time, their words will start impacting on your mind, on your thinking. You will start thinking like them. Robert Tew said, “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” Negative people are also very good at discouraging people, they will consistently provide you negative feedback. In life’s several stage you may face trouble, you may struggle, in such situation you need encouragement, you need support, in order to things to be done, things to be solved. In this state, negative people will not give you encouragement and they will provide you negative feedback. Another fact, negative people don’t want to grow others, they want to stretch others to their level. They don’t care about your success, even they don’t like your success. So, it’s better way to get success in life is to associate with, accompany with people who are also moving forward, getting success and they will help you to move forward with yours. Avoiding negative will give you, help you to get positive attitude, positive mind.
- Every day say love in different ways to your loved ones: Most often or every day try to say love in different way to your loving buddies. This will generate a positive vibe in your mind and will help you to grow positive mind.
- Learn from the failures: “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” — Albert Einstein. Negative people gives up and becomes demoralized due to failure. But positive attitude to learn from failure will bring to you at highest peak of success. Thomas Edison failed 10000 times to invent light bulb. Michael Jordan who is arguably the greatest basketball player have many fail story. He says “I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” JK Rowling is another great example of success. Before the success of Harry Potter, she was divorced mother, living on welfare and tries to write a novel in her spare time. Here is her eminent Harvard commencement speech, “Failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy to finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one area where I truly belonged.” The positive minded people focus on learning from mistakes and achieves success.
- Stay focused on the present: Many people worries about the mistakes of past and what will happen in future. These worries kills you, you lose your focus and attention in current and highly important tasks. So, you start to make mistakes. Focusing on present tasks helps you to take the right steps.
- Imagine success and forgive mistakes of yours and others: A projected plan for success through imagination helps you to get motivated to achieve your goals. Positive people imagine their success road-map. And you probably have some issues both personal and professional those are driven by the mistakes by you and others. If you don’t forgive these mistakes, then you will suffer to take effective decision and sometimes you will face decision delays.